Gosh! It has been 3 months since we’ve posted. Where has that time gone? We’ve been busy here with a combination of dealing with 2 girls, moving in to our new house, having friends come and stay, getting away for a few fun weekends, and of course, continuing to get to know LA. I’ll keep this short though, since I’m sure we’ll lose your interest pretty quickly!
First things first, we can’t believe that Camilla is already 6 months old. She’s a little darling – such a smiley baby with a gentle temperament. She’s already trying to crawl, and can shuffle across the floor. She also has some teeth coming in (so is sleeping great! 😉 ) She’s growing up so fast!
Next up, I’m sure you’re all curious about our new place. We’ve got a lovely Spanish ‘Adobe’ style 3 bedroom place with a garden that Leo loves playing in (with a swingset all setup!). It’s about 5 minutes drive up to Bonnie and Lou’s so we’re still getting lots of Nonna and Bobbo help, 2 blocks walk to Leo’s school, and a little over a mile to the Club where we’ve been spending a lot of time by the pool. We’re so happy and feeling at home… and the guest room is all setup, so come and visit 🙂
Other than that, since we last posted back in June after returning from Miami / Vik and Mike’s wedding, we’ve been up to lots, but keeping it quick (photos below!):
- Our dear friends Jacek and Em came to visit us from Sydney, so we had a great time catching up with them and showing them around LA
- For the fourth of July long weekend, we headed up to the Bay Area to catch up with all of our friends with Berkeley and to celebrate Jacs’ granddad’s 90th. It was a lovely weekend – we stayed at the beautiful Claremont Hotel in Berkeley which is just a 5 minute walk to Jacs’ grand parents house. It was great to be back there and reminisce about our wonderful 2 years living there. The birthday party was really nice too – the sun was shining, and we caught up with the family over a few glasses of wine. Over the weekend, we also got to spend some time with our friends Chris and Jordan, and Andrew and Amanda – as well as many others!
- Back in July, I had a quick trip to New York for a BCG soccer tournament, which also served as an opportunity to see Keiren and Will who cooked up a feast for me at their apartment. Sadly the rest of the fam had to stay home – would have been great to have them there, but so much fun to see K&W! And in the soccer, we got to the quarter finals which was much better than expected – although I had the cuts and bruises to show for it the next day 🙂
- We spent a beautiful weekend up at Lake Arrowhead with LeAnn and Michael who kindly invited us up to their house there. Its about a 90 minute drive from Pasadena in to the mountains, but feels remote and is a gorgeous spot. We had the boat out on the lake in front of the house, so had heaps of fun getting out wakeboarding – Leo even came out on a boogie board with me behind the boat 🙂
- Keeping things busy, we followed that weekend up with a weekend down in San Diego, staying in a cute little Air BnB cottage at Ocean Beach with our friends Caitlin and Dan, and their son Felix (Leo’s bestie). It was lovely and relaxing hanging as a family on the beach. Leo even caught some waves on a boogie board 🙂 We also got to hang out with cousin Tal, and see our friends Jess and Mike and meet their daughter Haley.
- The following weekend was the labor day weekend, but was time for a weekend at home. Instead of going away, we were lucky enough to have Chris, Jordan and their baby Jack come and stay (it was the first test of our guest room – turned out there is no cold water in the guest shower – we’ve fixed it 😉 ). We had a great weekend mostly hanging out in the garden while the girls and Jack played, and we drank Rose in the sun! It is always a blast hanging out with them!
- Last weekend, we’d worked up the energy for another weekend away, back to where it all began up in Santa Barbara 🙂 We haven’t been back there since moving to California, and it really reminded us how much we love it and feel relaxed there. The reason for the trip was that Jacs had signed up for a ‘She is Beautiful’ 5K race that a friend from her triathlon team at UCSB organizes. Jacs ran it in awesome time, especially since she was pushing Leo in the pram (and hasn’t had much time to train at all with two girls) – and Leo even got out to run across the finish line which was super cute. We stayed on the beach, and happened to be right at the start line, so didn’t use the car all weekend! I even got the train up from LA to meet the fam there which worked really well! SB really is so much fun, and we love the outdoor lifestyle. What was the ‘urban wine trail’ has also evolved in to the ‘funk zone’ which is a collection of tasting rooms, breweries, bars and restaurants which was really fun to explore – including a delicious dinner at the Lark.
- Last week, Jacs and the girls, Bon, Al, Christy and EJ all headed down to Disneyland for the day! Leo was still probably a little too young and got a bit scared on some of the rides but generally had a blast and is still talking about it. I’ve still never been – the next trip will have to be a family one!
Other than that, it has really just been fun getting to know LA and really feeling settled in. We’ve been out surfing lots on weekends (well, I have and the girls hang out at the beach and enjoy the sun 😉 ) – both down at Manhattan Beach / El Porto, as well at Venice, and even up in Malibu. I’ve found a few friends to surf with which is great too. We’ve also been enjoying spending days at the pool at the Club – we’re now members, and Leo is such a water girl… and Camilla is getting to be too – and hanging out with friends and family 🙂
Phew! All caught up!
Well done on making it this far 🙂
Hope that you’re all well – as always, would love to hear from you.
– Ben, Jacs, Leo and Milla